Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The One Handed Typist Strikes Again!

H is laying on the boppy on my lap slowing drinking her lunch.  What a perfect time to test my one handed typing skills.

So I am finally going to say it...I have been hesitant to do this in fear that I will jinx things but...here goes.  H has been sleeping so incredibly well for about a week or so.  She is such a routine girl (like her Momma) and is totally ready for bath and bed by 7:15 or so.  By the time we bathe her, swaddle her and feed her, she is in the crib by 7:45 - 8.  Sometimes she is completely out and sometimes she is a little wiggly - but she is a PRO at putting herself to sleep.  No paci or anything!!

She sleeps soundly until 2 - 3 am when she will loudly grunt and fuss.  I let her fuss for a bit until I can tell it is winding up to a full blown cry.  I go in, feed her 4 oz and put her back down...she then sleeps until around 6:30 or 7.  I love it!!  And she seems to love it too!

I mention she is a routine girl.  She totally is!  Just the couple of times I have worked out here at home, they always seem to be no drama.  I put her bouncy facing my workout area so that I can interact with her (the best I can without breathing) while suffering!  She just smiles and coos...I think she thinks it's funny.  Maybe for her!!

She definitely naps about the same time each day, eats about the same time, gets her grump on pretty much the same time ( close to the bedtime routine)...it's pretty amazing how adaptable she is so young.

So, as usual, it has taken me most of the day to type this (obviously on and off).  This is the third feeding time that I am using to blog.  As is life for the one handed typist!

I cleaned out and organized H's dresser today.  Took out all the clothes that don't fit her to give back to those who let us borrow them.  The ones that were ours I am going to take to a consignment store tomorrow.

She is getting a lot better at grabbing items.  She tries so hard - her concentration is shown with grunts and bubble drool.  It is amazing watching her.  She tries so hard!  Like you can just see right through her head at all the wheels that are turning.

She's a mover and a shaker at night.  She scoots all over her crib.  In a way, it makes me glad that I removed the bumpers from the sides - I would hate for her face to get buried in it.  But, because there are no bumpers, she gets her legs (which are swaddled) stuck between the bars on the railing.  And I think she has bumped her head on the railing a couple of times.  I was thinking about getting a breathable bumper to help keep her legs in but that won't help the head cushioning.  I was also thinking about getting a sleep positioner but I am afraid she will squirm down and get her faced buried in that.  Not sure what my plan is right now.

Three more days until H is 3 months.  I guess the right thing to say is that it flew by but I really don't feel like it has.  But not in a bad way.  We have been through so much and have learned so much.  I feel like we've been together for a while!  I can't imagine life without her.  Wow, the world must have been a pretty sad and gray place before H arrived!  ;)

Ok, it literally took me all day to complete this post.  I just put H down about 15 minutes ago with NO drama...as usual!  Now it is just T and I with our nightly addictions of adult bev and Criminal Minds.  Truly, I think Criminal Minds is more of an addiction than our nightly beverage together!  T asked me the other night, "what comes on tonight?" And I had no idea.  We haven't watched regular TV in forever...not even regular programming on cable...all we know is Criminal Minds on AppleTV - we even have a subscription for the new season.  Each time a new show airs, it downloads instantly on our AppleTV!!  Gotta love it!  (I also have America's Next Top Model subscription for this season - T HATES that show).

Anyway, other than having an amazing amount of fun with H tonight before she went to bed...watching her grabbing at things...succeeding....being frustrated...she is just so awesome!!!  Other than that, you are up to date on the Hayden front.  She is in bed, swaddled in her Woombie, no positioner, no bumpers but definitely out like a light!!

0 comments: