Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 8, 2010

Isn't it funny how, at different stages in life, we spend our money on certain things?  Like, when I was a teenager, it was music, makeup and teen mags (oh, and a waterbed - my first big purchase with money I earned at a "real" job).  When I was in my early 20's, my money was spent on clothes and going out to nightclubs.  Late 20's, a house.  Early 30's, careerwear, hair, nails, groceries.  And now, here I am with a little Hayden Grace and, what do I spend money on?   Myself?  Hardly!  I walk into Target where I used to purchase more than I needed for me, my house and some miscellaneous, needless stuff for the car or the outside patio.  Now I walk in and head straight to "Hayden's" section to see what is on the racks.  And that is where my life is at right now.

This is even more evident in the most recent purchase I made...today...online.  So, I registered for a baby book but then couldn't stand waiting to look through one so I took it off my registry and just bought one at BRU.  It is cute...kind of blue, green and yellow (keeping with the neutral theme) with little animals and stuff on the front.  The inside is cute as well.  I thought I was in love.

But, it turns out, I loved the book but wasn't "in love" with it.  This is obviously the case since, when I saw this latest baby book, I couldn't walk away from the immediate attraction!!  I was totally in love and knew I had to have it.  There was no turning back.  No denying my feelings.  It was the real thing. 

And, as with any great love story, it comes with a price!  Oh and it was a bit hefty for a baby book.  Especially when you can get them a dime a dozen at any of your local Target, BRU or corner bookstore.  But this is no ordinary book.  It was the real thing.  I love it and couldn't be more comfortable spending the money on something that will be treasured for years to come by me, T, Hayden and Hayden's kids.  I see it as an investment...as with any relationship.

Here it is...
Of course, personalized with her name on the front
Photobucket

Inside pages
Photobucket

Closer look
Photobucket

The 14 month calendar that you can put special milestones and accomplishments on
Photobucket

It has already been mailed and is on the way!  I am really excited!  They had a bunch of other patterns but I was drawn to this one for some reason.  I think it looks classy and cool.  My own strange baby taste, I guess.  I love the ribbon that ties around the button on the front.  And it comes with all of the pages regular baby books have plus additional ones that you can order - I ordered two additional shower pages (since I had a total of three and it comes with one) and the sibling page for Tatum.  Have I mentioned that I am excited?

And, more things to be excited about:

I was awarded a bid to produce a great event in October!  It is an event I did when I was at A6 (jerks!) that I absolutely fell in love with.  The contact, who is also a close friend, invited me to bid on it this year since A6 has blown up into many little, fraudulent pieces (and they really screwed up the event last year).  I didn't think twice about it.  Yes, it certainly is quite a chunk to take on with everything else we have going on right now but I know I can do it and it will make me feel incredible to plan something again (along with my 20 year high school reunion!).  I'm excited to be working, using my brain, having meetings with adults, and contributing to our income!!  Makes me feel like "me" again!

Another exciting element...the nugget is sleeping pretty much through the night.  She still does her usual bedtime routine, getting in her crib by 8.  She sleeps until 2 or 3, wakes up to eat for 30 minutes, and then back asleep until 6 or 7!  This is awesome for a nugget her age.  I am a very proud Momma who is cautiously excited about this new development.  I know things can change as she changes...growth spurts are sure to put an end to our progress.  But, when you have a two month old and you are exhausted and overwhelmed, you take what you can get and celebrate along the way!

I am getting back to the gym and eating right...another exciting piece of the pie!  I am determined to get back into my 8's as soon as possible (realistically, before the reunion!).  Right now I probably wear 10's.  I have been wearing my maternity pants but they are really becoming WAY too big and drive me crazy by constantly heading south when I am walking.  I think I will have to break down and buy a handful of britches in size 10 that will get me through until the gym kicks my butt!  But I am determined and don't feel like it will take me all the way until October - but I am setting my goals low so that I pleasantly surprise myself!!

Along the lines of my body getting back into shape, my long, lost Aunt came knocking last night.  You know who I am talking about!  I haven't seen her in over a year and most women would be overjoyed at not seeing their aunt that long.  But I am glad that she is back.  It makes me feel back to "normal" and now I can jump back onto birth control and live a somewhat "normal" life again.  That probably doesn't make a lot of sense but it does to me.  I just want everything about me and my body to get back to pre-pregnancy state!  I am so glad my girls are - they were tortured long enough with the breastfeeding!

I am excited to be going home soon to Louisville - Easter weekend!  Hayden and my first trip together solo!  Or not solo!  Her first plane ride ever other than in utero!  My nerves are bundled tight about it but I think it will all be ok.  I have a plan and I know what I am going to pack to hopefully make the trip fun and painless for us both.  We will see...

I guess that's it for now.  I leave you with some pics that were on my phone that I finally downloaded to the computer today:

In the hospital
Photobucket

Going home
Photobucket

Other pics
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments: