Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy St Paddy's Day late and welcome to spring!  I mean, I know the official start of spring isn't until tomorrow but I have always felt like St. Paddy's Day marked the beginning of spring and all the fun spring brings with it!  Especially in Louisville with Derby Festival, Derby, etc.  Here in Tucson?  Eh, everything is pretty much the same.  We have gone from 50 degree temps to 80 degree temps overnight.  "Seasons" don't exist in the desert.  It goes from winter to summer to hell then back to summer and then winter. 

But, with everything in bloom and the temps warming up, we have been taking frequent walks to the different parks around our neighborhood.  Here's H and I geared up and ready for our walk...

Photobucket

Wow!  You can tell I need to get my hair done soon!  Yikes!  Speaking of hair...I am trying to decide if I am going to grow my hair longer or if I want to do the stereotypical MOM cut.  You know, it always seems that, when women have babies, they instantly cut their hair.  I honestly can see why!  I barely have time to pee - there's no time to fix hair!!  Of course, with short hair (at least on me), if I don't fix it, it won't look right.  And, with short hair, there isn't the easy option of the headband/ponytail combo that is so popular with me!  So I am still trying to decide.  Any suggestions?

Hayden is growing like a weed and is becoming such a little person!  She has always had her own distinct personality but it is just evolving everyday.  The wheels in her brain are spinning and you can see her observing more, learning more and discovering more.  Her neck is getting stronger - she can hold her head up by herself pretty well!  She LOVES sitting up (with our support, of course) and she also loves standing up (with our help).  Her little legs are very strong!

The other new development is that she is starting to grab at things.  It started with the boppy pillow.  I use it to feed her because a) I feel it is more comfortable for her and b) it frees up a hand for me to work on the computer!  The cover of my boppy has a print that has dragonflies.  She tried to grab the dragonflies.  Since then, she grabbed the nipple of her bottle that was sitting on the computer.  I wondered if that was a sign that she wanted more to eat...and it did!!  I fixed her another 2 oz and she drank it.  She is so smart!!

Since then she has been grabbing at more things.  She is still trying so hard to get her feet.  She gets so frustrated when she can't get to them.  I will be excited when she finally gets a handle on them and gets them to her mouth - which I believe is the ultimate goal.

The most exciting development is her laugh!!  She was in her swing in the kitchen one night last week.  I sat on the floor in front of the swing and "got" her feet with kisses when she would swing my way.  Then, out of nowhere, a laugh.  A REAL laugh!  T and I instantly looked at each other with amazement!  We couldn't believe she laughed for the first time...and we were both their to experience it together.  It was a wonderful moment.

I was wondering if we would hear her laugh again or if it was a one time deal that may not happen again for a few more months.  Not the case!  She has laughed several times since including last night.  It is such an amazing sound. 

So a lot of new developments in a very little bit of time.  I can't believe how things change so quickly - that's why I am enjoying every minute of it!  We are excited about our trip to Louisville in a couple of weeks!  Amazingly, I am not too worried about flying solo with her in tow.  I feel like she and I know each other pretty well now.  I am no longer worried about not knowing what she wants or needs.  I can read her very well now.  The only thing I am a little worried (that's not really the right word for it) about is the time difference and our schedules.  But, we can only do what we can do.  As usual, I will take her lead on everything.

That's all for now.  I leave you with some pics...

H in her woombie
Photobucket

Napping in her denim mini (that made it's way up her belly during her nap)
Photobucket

Sham-rocker with monkey moo
Photobucket

Showing belly
Photobucket

Being her adorable self!  =P
Photobucket

Showing belly...
Photobucket

0 comments: