Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More firsts!

I have read over and over that the first year is full of "firsts" and they aren't kidding!

Today, H my dear, you were quite a grumpy monkey while we drove around town but that was due solely on the fact that you woke at 4 am and didn't get the correct number (or correct quality) of naps.  But we had a great day nonetheless.  We may become Y members.  No, check that, we WILL become Y members.  I want to give you as many social outlets as I can (while doing the same for me!).  You seemed to like it and was waving to the tour guide the whole time.  You rock!

Today we tried a sippy cup for the first time.  You did GREAT!  You picked that puppy up and drank right out of it!  I think the ice cold water surprised you at first but you loved it and drank more after the initial shock.  Isn't water yummy???  I had it nonstop for nine months, my child!

Your other big first was putting your whale tub in mommy and daddy's bath tub!  Last night, with your tub in the kitchen sink, everything (including me) was completely soaked post bath!  You have officially learned how incredibly fun it is to kick your feet to create a splash.  You are too cute...big belly laughs each time because you get mommy wet.  I just love your laughs...and there are so many of them in a day!!  I just love that you are happy, enthusiastic and have such a great sense of humor!

You are sitting up on your own so much better than JUST yesterday!  It is amazing to watch you evolve.  How did I get so lucky to have such a great person in my life!?!

Tomorrow will be a pain - literally.  We are going to the doc for your six month check up which will inevitably involve shots.  I wish daddy could come with us but he is out of town working hard to give us this incredible life.  So it will be us, as a team, crying together and getting through the boo shots!!  You always handle it better than I do.  What a trooper!

We are still working on solids.  There are some days that you like your oatmeal and some days you don't.  Today you didn't.  I don't force it.  I am all about letting you guide me as to what you are ready for and what you aren't.  But I do have some awesome storage containers when I start making your baby food!  I am super excited about it!  I have heard great things about, not only how it saves so much money, but how I can introduce spices, herbs and flavors that the jarred foods don't.  I wouldn't eat those jarred foods so I don't expect you to like them either.  I am hoping that I will start you with homemade so that you get to explore flavors from the beginning.  I am going to talk to your doc about it tomorrow.

That's all for now dear.  I am going to come check on your beautiful sleeping face and then head to bed myself.  Sometimes I wish so bad that we could just sleep cuddling with each other.  Stupid SIDS!  It so isn't worth the risk but I sure would love it!

Six months old in 2 days!!

**Pictures to come of these firsts another day.  Too tired to look for the cable right now!  :)

0 comments: