Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's been a long time...

My sweetest Hayden Grace.

Sorry I haven't posted in quite a while!  I even missed your 6 month photo and well check - in 13 more days you will be 7 months!  Wow.  NOW I feel that time is flying by.  It slips through my fingers so fast, it is hard for me to grasp it long enough to sit down and blog! 

A lot of my time is being with you.  Watching you grow.  Observing you observe your world.  Learn new things, hit new milestones.  I am so fortunate to be able to be home with you all of the time.  Let's give Daddy a HUGE thank you for all of the hard work he does to make our home and our lives so comfortable!  THANK YOU DADDY!

Let's start with your six month pictures:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Your 6 month well check went...WELL!  Your stats at 6 months:
Weight: 16.10 = 50-75%
Height: 28" = Above 97%
Head Circ: 44 (not inches) = 90%

The doc always comments on how tall, thin (but not underweight) and smart you are!  You make us so proud!

This past month you began sitting on your own!  You still topple over when you get distracted with something behind you or when you are tired in the evenings.  But, otherwise, you are sitting like a big girl!

Here you are sitting on your own for the first time with your first sippy cup!
Photobucket

You began saying babbles with consonants - I am proud to say the first one was "mamama".  Then "babababa." You definitely have your own vocabulary!  Although many will say you don't know who "mama" is...your Daddy and I think you actually do.  When you are upset or wanting something, you reach out to me and say "mama" not "mamamamama."  You know, don't you? 

As you saw in the picture, you get a sippy cup of water once a day (unless we are outside a lot, then I give you more).  You really like it and I LOVE these non-leaking sippy cups that can be held upside down without a mess.  What will they think of next?  Oh, plenty.  You'll see!  I will post when I get a few new gadgets I ordered a couple of days ago!

We have also started you on "solids" which basically consists of a slop called "oatmeal" and homemade purees of sweet potato and butternut squash.  You are VERY slowly taking to it.  Definitely not a huge solids fan but we must keep practicing.  I think you will get it when you are ready.

Fruits don't seem to be your faves yet.  Maybe because they are so sweet.  You may be like your momma - no sweet tooth at all (except when I was pregnant with you).  And, like your momma, you seem to enjoy veggies better.  Still, not a huge fan of solids in general but you fight me much less with veggies than you do with fruit.  You'll get there! 

I love making your baby food and can't wait until you enjoy it more so I can make even more yummy dinners for you.  It's nice because I can introduce you to a lot of different flavors by adding herbs and spices (and to my family who knows what I usually mean by "spices," I am talking more about cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.  No habaneros...yet).

I ordered you a playpen like the one Grandma has for you at her house.  You love that thing and I will love letting you play in it while I try and get a few things done around the house.  You have become quite the independent player but still love to play with others as well.  You are so social! 

Daddy and I joined the Y.  We thought it would be a great environment for you to grow up in.  There are so many activities offered and you seem to really like the girls in the kids room while mommy works out.  Not to mention the VERY cool pool with the slide, mushroom sprayer and water jets!  You loved being in the pool last Saturday so I am excited for you to have all of this available to you as you grow up!

Speaking of pools, tonight is our first night of swim lessons!  It won't be much but it will get you even more used to water, which I feel is very important.  Plus it will be fun bonding time for you and I.  They teach you how to jump in (with me holding you, of course), turn and swim to the wall, float on your back and I hear there are fun songs we sing.  I can't wait!  And, fortunately, your Daddy is in town so he will be coming with us to see your first lesson!  So you can be sure there will be tons of pics and video!

You took your second flight to Louisville.  It was a full week with a lot of family loving on you.  You did GREAT as you always do.  You saw lightening bugs for the first time as well as fireworks!  You LOVED it!  It was dreadfully hard leaving your grandparents behind when we had to come home but they are both going to come out and see you in a couple of months!  Yay!

Well, I may be missing a couple of things but I will keep this caught up daily (as much as I can) from here on.  I don't want to miss a thing! 

Now off to the gym with my nugget in tow!

Love you big girl!

0 comments: