Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 21, 2010

Paranoid momma needs to make way to instinctual momma

My dearest H,

Sorry about the drama at the doctor's office last week! 

Love,
Paranoid Momma

Yes, I took H in a mere week before her six month well check.  Why you ask?  Well...it all started with a noise.

H started making this noise, usually when she is excited, that sounds like an out-loud "gasp."  I didn't think much about it when I first heard it thinking that it was probably just a new noise that she was experimenting with...

Then T heard it.  He asked me how long she had been doing it.  Maybe about a week (he had been out of town).  He said that we may want to call the doc to make sure it isn't something serious.  He goes on to say that his Dad is asthmatic and that upper respiratory infections run in his family!  Ummm, ok!  Now I am concerned!

I took her in and explained the sound to Dr E.  She said that what I was describing didn't sound asthmatic but more like something obstructing the airway.  She asked me if H could have picked up anything off the floor and swallowed it.  Since H and I are connected at the hip, I couldn't imagine how that could be possible.  But then I figured anything was possible and agreed to the X-rays she suggested. 

I have NEVER seen H cry so much or so hard.  It was heartbreaking.  They put her in a hard plastic tube-like torture chamber that sent her in a tailspin.  I could hardly console her.  Check that - I could NOT console her.  She was so upset.  It was heartbreaking.  Obstruction?  Nope.  Useless X-ray?  Yep.

Doc said to keep an eye on her but that it really could just be a new sound she is having fun with...and that was the full circle back to my "motherly instinct" that takes a beating by my alter-mommy ego...paranoid momma!

So sorry H!  I hated that I put you through that but Daddy and I both feel it is better to be safe than sorry!  But your next appointment is this Thur and shots are in store.  Ugh.  Sorry sweetie!

But the good news is...we will be heading to Louisville a week from tomorrow!  I am so excited I could pee myself and you probably already have!  Daddy and big sis will be coming too!  It will be so much fun!!!

Here are the photos that I framed in a tri-fold frame for T for Father's Day.  He loved it!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Six months...five more days!

0 comments: