Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My baby is clubin'

That's right...H is now a part of her first "club."  The Kids' Club at the gym.  Today was day 2 of our new routine and it was another success.  The only time H wasn't happy at the Club was when they tried to put her in the swing.  My girl is 5 months going on 16.  Girl doesn't want to be strapped in to some baby toy.  Boo to that!  She wants to sit up, stand up, participate with the other kids...be older than she is!

Little H is growing more and more everyday!  She is just sooo long!  I can't get over how long she is.  And her strength is amazing!  She is now sitting forward in her big girl stroller and, for the first time today, rode in a Target cart outside of that hot car seat!  She had a blast!  Even though it was pretty close to nap time, she was in great spirits and ready to shop.  Scary, huh??

Photobucket

I am still trying to get H to eat her "solids" - so funny that they call it "solids."  There is nothing solid about it.  I thought maybe, since she didn't seem to enjoy her rice cereal anymore, that I would try oatmeal as well as green beans.  I have been trying to make my own purees for her to try but decided that I would buy a processed baby food (Gerber) of green beans to see if that made a difference.

The first bite of green beans ended in, what I thought looked like, a grandpa face!  Her eyebrows crunched together and her entire face wrinkled in disgust.  I thought, hmmm.  Maybe she just needs to get used to it.  Here, H, another bite!  This bite not only ended in the same look of disgust but an added body shudder accompanied it!  I couldn't help but laugh out loud.  Green beans was not going to be a success.  But let's just try one more bite.  This time she didn't even let it get to the first taste bud.  She raspberried it out and all over me, the highchair and the floor.  Ok, momma's got it!  No green beans.

At this point, I've ticked her off so much with this new disgusting taste (which, by the way, I slightly tasted to see if it did taste like green beans - LIARS!!), the oatmeal didn't have a chance.  She was ramping up to a full wail so I took her out of her high chair and gave her a bottle.  Ahhh, finally.  Sweet success!

I guess she just isn't ready yet.

Still waiting on one of these vicious teeth to pop through.  Stop torturing my baby and pop through already!  Geez!!

Some of the latest H pics (sorry they aren't real high quality - taken with my phone and trying to focus on a moving target):

Lovin' her some bath time
Photobucket

Lovin' me some cute britches!
Photobucket

"Were you seriously just taking a picture of my butt??"
Photobucket

Happy...
Photobucket

...go lucky
Photobucket

"Maybe this will stop it from playing that same song over and over!"
Photobucket

What will tomorrow bring?? 

0 comments: