Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 7, 2010

The latest...

Oh Hayden McGrace...

You are simply amazing and definitely my bestest buddy!  You are really starting to master rolling from back to tummy and from tummy to back.  You get such a proud look on your face!  As do I.

You have been having a pretty tough time with your teething lately and, a couple of weekends ago, you had the highest temp of your young life - 100.  But it cleared up with some generic Tylenol & lots of love and cuddles. 

We keep trying solids but you keep resisting.  Sometimes you are all about it but, when I explore with something more flavorful than rice cereal and soy formula, you scowl and let it slowly leak from your lips.  I know you will find it interesting soon!  I'm in no hurry.  Take your time growing up!

We checked out Kids' Club today at the gym.  I think it is going to be perfect for both of us.  It will give you the kid time I feel you are longing and adult time that I need.  I could tell you would be ok when we walked in and you saw the other kids.  You started bouncing around in my arms and doing your excited monkey noises!  Tomorrow is our big day of giving it a shot!

You are growing so much everyday!  You LOVE to laugh and do so OFTEN!  It is wonderful that I can make you laugh so much...it melts my heart.  You are now starting to lay your head on my shoulder and hold on to me tightly when I pick you up...both of which makes me fall harder for you!!  You love our furry babies and giggle pink when their tails graze your face.  You love big bear.  You love my laptop & my phone.  You love our Skype calls with Grandma & Papa John on Sundays and GPD & Grammie T on Thursdays.  Well, until it is time for a bottle or a nap!

You're amazing to me.  My closest buddy.  The extension of my hip.  Your eyes light up the room and your smile melts my heart.  Your hugs are amazing and your "face eating" is adorable.  I love the new things you do each day...your sense of adventure.  Your compassion for life.  I want you to grow up so I can see what you will become but I want you to remain where you are so that I can kiss that soft skin and breathe in that sweet scent of baby. 

I love you, my Hayden.  You are the world to me.  The entire world.  The world that is yours.  I feel like I have won the NY lottery every morning I walk in and see you look up at me and smile your big gummy smile.  That is how I want every day...even my final day...to be.

My daughter.  My love.  My Hayden.

0 comments: