Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Catching up with the H!

Little nugget is on a fast track to growing up big, strong and TALL!  Her last well visit had her weighing in at 14 lbs and 27" long!  At four months!  She is in the 97th percentile for height!  The BOO part of her visit was the icky shots.  But she, again, handled it better than Mommy but it sure made her grumpy for the rest of the night and into the next day.  We go back at 6 months for another weigh in and another dose of shots...I believe there will be less shots that visit.  I can only hope.

The doc said that she is ready for trying solids if we are...at first I was super excited and I think T still is but we just haven't tried it yet.  And, when they say "solids," they really mean a very soupy rice cereal that is mixed with either formula or breast milk.  Since I have a ton of frozen breast milk in the freezer, I am going to try and mix her cereal with that when the time comes.  I sure don't want that liquid gold to go to waste.  There was some serious pumping action to make that happen.  I will probably mix half of the BM with half formula to be sure that her digestive system can handle it.

We haven't had our first day at the pool yet - although we tried planning it twice.  The first time it was a bit too cool for swimming and the second time I was trying to recover from a weekend of horrible disappointment so I was pretty wiped out.  But we will get there eventually and little Ms H will be more than ready!  We have a sun hat, sunglasses, bathing suit and swimmers.  I also have a raft that she can sit in that has a shade overhead.  I am really excited for her first time in the pool.  I know T is as well and that was another reason we haven't gone as of yet.  I want T to be able to experience her first time with me.

She is growing up so much!  She is starting to enjoy her bouncer a lot more and will stay in it for about five more minutes than she used to.  She is becoming more consistent with being able to roll from her back to her belly but still has a bit of difficulty with the other direction.  But she is oh so close!!  Just that daggone arm that is in the way!!  But, once she is on her belly, she doesn't mind it too much.  She is starting to reach for her toys and even tries pulling her legs under her...early signs of crawling!

Umm, ok...just went up there when she awoke from a nap...she laid there playing with froggy and rolled from back to belly and then back again!!

I'm not sure if she teething or not but there have quite a few screaming tantrums and chewing her entire fist has become a passion of her's.  She loves hearing her voice - the louder the better.  She will make you feel guilty about eating by staring you down, watching the food enter your mouth and then act like she is chewing.  She wants so badly to be a big girl!

New pics to come...

0 comments: