Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 20, 2010

My sweet Hayden...

As this week wraps up, there are many "firsts" for you!  It has been so exciting and I am just so proud of you (as I always am).

Your first FIRST this past week, eating "solids."  This first happened on Monday, May 17, 2010.  Granted, solids = slop in this case.  But, as the days have progressed, we have made your cereal a bit thicker and you seem to like it (other than tonight because you were so tired you just wanted your bottle, bath and bed).

We fed you your first bite with the spoon Grammie T gave you (in memory of her mom, Memaw).  Then we switched to plastic spoons for ease of operation.  The first round of cereal ended up more on your bib than in your mouth but you were so enthusiastic!!  You were leaning in to get more and looked like a baby bird with that mouth wide open!  You are slowly becoming more used to the idea of a spoon but still stare longingly at whatever Daddy and I are eating.  Sorry.  Baby steps (no pun intended).  You will be able to eat those chips and salsa before you know it!!



This week (today, actually), was your first time in a swimming pool!!  We went to Aunt Lauren and Uncle Ryan's apartment pool along with cousin L.  We got there kinda late (around 4) which was getting close to nap time but you still had such a GREAT time (even though the water was quite frigid).  After we both got used to the water (and Daddy was the rock star by taking you into the deep end), we all had such a great time.  Sometimes you looked confused - especially when you would splash water in your face.  But it always ended with a big smile and some laughs!!  You looked so adorable with your new suit from Grandma and your big sun hat.

Oh,a funny side note.  While we were waiting for Daddy so that we could leave the house to head to the pool, I was holding you on my left side and reached for my water on the island.  As I moved the cup closer to me, I felt water hit my foot and the floor.  I was pretty surprised since it was a plastic cup - was there that much condensation?  Ummm, no.  You had peed.  And, although I had a swimmer diaper on you, it wasn't enough to contain your pee.  So I rushed us both upstairs and changed you.  I put a regular diaper on under a swimmer.  Too funny!

As we approached 5 PM, the flags were sent up to let me know you were on your last leg.  Rubbing of eyes, yawning and digging your face into mine let me know quickly that it was time to wrap you snugly in a towel, change you into dry clothes and head on out.

As we drove off, you started fussing a lot and getting upset.  Poor thing.  You were soooo tired.  But, as what always works, we put on some jazz and you were IMMEDIATELY out!  You LOVE your jazz!!  That makes me and Daddy both very proud!  You probably like it because you heard it while in my belly.  We listen to it every evening.

When we got home you were a mix between hungry and tired.  I tried feeding you your cereal but you were NOT interested.  But, the bottle?  Heck yeah!  You wanted instant gratification.  No more learning the whole spoon thing...just give me what I know.  I'm hungry!

Just like every night, when your "witching hour" hit at 6:30 you became very upset and restless.  And, like Daddy and I always do, we took you for a walk around the garden and around the back yard.  You love it and it calms you instantly.  We came back in and noticed that you were completely zoned out and exhausted.  We decided to get your bath started early and get you on to bed.  After about 5 oz of your bottle you were OUT!!  I gave you a kiss on your head, told you I loved you and headed on out of your room.  All along with a big smile on my face.  It was such a wonderful week of seeing you experience so many new things.  You are amazing.

And, have I mentioned your foot fetish??  You love feet!!  Especially mine!  And mine need a lot of work!!!  I am becoming self conscious of them now that you are always diving for them.  I think I need a pedi!

I love you my sweetie.  You are the most amazing person!

Mommy

Pics from your FIRST day at the pool:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments: