Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Day in the Life

Sweet little Hayden...she will be five months in 14 days!  Two weeks!  It is totally unbelieveable although I feel like she has been a part of my life...a part of me...for much longer! 

Some new developments:
> She now attempts (and sometimes accomplishes) holding her bottle by herself!
> She is starting to get stronger core muscles meaning she can sit up unassisted...for all of about 10 seconds...but she is on her way!
> She is the sweetest thing...she loves to rub my face or Daddy's face.  She just looks at you so lovingly and softy caresses your face.  I love it.
> She still plays the "foot game" everywhere
> She is so observant and loves to touch and "pet" things including her teddy bears
> She randomly rolls over...nothing consistent as of yet
> She fights me as hard as a 4.5 month, 14 lb, 27" girl can do up against a big girl like myself when it comes to naps...believe it or not...sometimes she wins.  I don't know why sleepy babies don't sleep!
> She is now wearing 3-6 month or 6 month clothes because of her incredible length!
> She adores her bath!  Even if she is in complete mid-crankiness, she will smile and play when it comes to her bath
> She used to sleep through the night pretty consistent for several weeks...now she is waking up once...sometimes twice...a night.
> She loves (and calms down to) jazz
> I had her feel my cup one time when I got ice out of the ice maker (it is a loud noise and it would startle her everytime so I tried to 'explain' it to her) and now she holds out her hand to feel my cup every time I get ice.
> She LOVES paddy cake (my special version), head-shoulders-knees-and toes, and her custom "Hayden Grace" song
> She loves the pets so much!  Jazzy is the only one that really lets her 'in'.  H is SOOO gentle and loving. 
> H loves the pic of T, Tay and pregnant me above her changing table.  She gets very excited and just looks at each of us.  So sweet!
> She loves her elephant humidifier...I don't know why

A day in the life:
H usually wakes up "for good" around 6 AM (sometimes earlier, sometimes later).  I get her up and usually go see Daddy in bed.  We hang out, wake up, play until she starts 'informing' me that she is ready to eat (this is usually with high pitched squeals).  Bottle one usually equals about 3 oz.  Then she plays a bit either in her bouncer or on a quilt with some toys.  Around 7:30 or 8, she goes down (not easily) for a nap.

Her naps are typically pretty short so...around 8:30 or 9 she wakes up and is ready for a REAL bottle of 4 oz (sometimes 5).  We play a bit and then head for another nap (after reading a story) around 11 or so...another fun fight.

Thirty minutes to an hour later, she is awake and ready for another bottle (about 4 oz).  We play/she plays, usually in her room (so I can get some straightening done) and hang out together.  Around 1 or so she is tired again.

You are seeing the pattern, right?  Her next nap time is usually around 4 or 5.  Bottles increase as the evening approaches...I think it is to get her ready for the night ahead.  6:30 is her "witching hour" when she is just crazy grumpy!  That is when we will all go "walk the backyard" and look at the landscaping and garden.  This really calms her down.

About 7:15 is bath time followed by a lotion massage, clean diaper and tucked in the Woombie.  We head up to bed with up to 6 oz of formula mixed with Colic Calm.  She is almost ALWAYS out and in her crib no later than 8 PM.

Over several weeks H would sleep through the entire night - going to bed at 8 pm and waking at 6 am.  Now, over the past several days, she is waking up around 2 or 3 (like she used to) to eat and then again as early as 5. 

Rinse and repeat!

My Mother's Day with my beautiful nugget was awesome!  I feel so lucky to be her Mom.  She is incredible, smart and beautiful.  What a great baby girl!  I love when she plays feet with me or when she tries to "eat my face."  She is an amazing little person!

Some pics:
Photobucket

Her new "toy bin"
Photobucket

Photobucket

Mother's Day
Photobucket

First time Momma's on Momma's Day
Photobucket

The cousin's playing - L showing H the ropes!
Photobucket

Cousin L hanging out with Jack!
Photobucket

0 comments: