My dearest H,
I can't believe it has been 20 days since I last posted on your blog. Tonight, this comes to an end! I am going to post daily or at least a couple of times a week so that I can keep up with you! You become more and more grown up every day and I don't want to miss a BEAT!
You completed swim lessons and received a certificate (my little platypus) and your underwater pics. I still have to scan them so that I can post them but they were so super cute! You did a great job and I need to make a note to call them tomorrow to hopefully sign you up for the September classes.
In the meantime, you have become little Ms Y! You love going to the Y and have made friends in the child care area - babies and adults alike! You also love the pool! I sit you on the ledge and you seem to remember our froggy dives from lessons because you lunge for me without a care in the world! You LOVE the water! I LOVE that you LOVE the water!
You definitely have a tooth on the bottom right and it looks as if your upper right is following suit! I thought the one next to it would be next but you are proving your uniqueness by having that upper right come in next. It has made for some tough nights but I understand and hate that you are in pain from it. You do seem to be handling this one better though so maybe it will be ok.
You are still a little slow going with the solids. Your favorite foods right now are puffs (other than banana - you are NOT a fan of anything banana), peas and broccoli. You had ramen noodles with tomato sauce the other day and seemed to like that pretty well! Especially the messiness of it. It was quite the clean up but well worth every minute - as are you.
I almost peed myself (you know how that goes) when your Steelers outfit arrived! You wore it tonight and I couldn't take my eyes off of you. And you had so much fun watching the game at Buffalo Wild Wings. You laughed and played the whole time - and it was close to bed time! Daddy and I were teaching you how to give the potato and you would just laugh and laugh! Everyone in the place was talking about you and your cute outfit. Heck yeah! Ain't she the best??
You are still not really sleeping through the night. You wake up at least once or twice...sometimes A LOT more. But you are teething and growing like a weed so I am very patient and understanding of the wake up calls. Sometimes I just stare at you because I am amazed at your awesomeness.
You are saying Momma (which you have for a while but now you are saying it more to me), Dada, Me me me me ("It's all about who H?" "Me, me, me") and baby. You got your very first baby doll yesterday and, when I gave it to you, you pointed to her and said "baby." You wave to baby in both mirrors at the end of the night after your bath (that baby would be you) and you say "baby, momma, baba" when you are hungry and/or tired!
Here are some other fun facts:
1. You love your turtle book - especially the turtle in the back (I need to re-attach his fin). You help me turn the pages to get to the turtle in the back!
2. You hate to be strapped down in a seat - especially in the car. You are getting so mobile (at least in your head), you get bored easily. So I come equipped with a ton of toys I can hand you along the drive. It works.
3. I am confident you are going to skip crawling. While we were skyping grandma today you were sitting on my leg and literally stood up ON YOUR OWN without using my hands or anything else. And you stood there for about 3 seconds before swaying forward. 8 months and standing?? GO GIRL!
4. You love bath time, water, being outside... A LOT!
5. You are now doing two hour naps (sometimes less) during the day...once during the day...which is a big change. No longer do we drive around after the gym so you can nap. We can get home, play some more, get you some snacks and then put you down. I'm so very pleased because that gives me time to shower, work and clean. Thank you nug!
I am sure there is so much more. But Mommy is tired and I am just anticipating a wake up call soon from you. So I will sign off but promise to be back in the next day or so with more exciting updates on your life. Here are some pics for fun!
Big girl standing!
Lovin' your skirt!
Your first baby!
Go Steelers!!!! Your first game (via TV - third preseason game)
Sunday, August 29, 2010
My dearest H,
Posted by Dawna at 10:39 PM