Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Family time

I couldn't be more proud of our little nugget than when we went out today to tool around.  I wanted to get some lunch at a local pizza/pub joint and T wanted to take a look at a couple of RVs that he is very interested in.  Of course nugget is stuck with our ventures.

The weather was very odd for Tucson today - endless rain and a bit on the cool side (I know my Kentucky friends and family will huff at that remark).  I actually broke out a sweater today - happily it was a sweater that I wore pre-pregnant and it fit nicely with some room to spare.  Whew.

I dressed nugget as warm as I could with what I had.  She did so fantastic!!  She didn't cry once.  She slept through lunch and, when we went to look through the RVs, I held her and she cuddled into my sweater and slept (and pooped) a bit more.  She was so patient and never made a peep.  She slept all the way home and, as soon as we walked in the door, I prepped her a bottle knowing that she would be starving when she woke up.  I was right!

This morning we Skyped with my Dad and this evening we Skyped with my Mom.  So she was able to get a good look at both of her grandparents today.  I must admit I am really looking forward to going home and showing her off.  I am a little apprehensive about the plane ride but I feel pretty confident we will make it through just fine.

Another reason I am so proud of our nugget.  She started showing signs of being sleepy around 7.  We played with her a bit but she was only having it for about 15 minutes and started getting fussy again.  I finally resorted to giving her a bottle (and it was the first time we used the Mr Brown bottles) and she went to town - hungry again.  When she was half way done with her bottle (actually drank 3 oz and had 1 oz left), we started working on her bath.  As I laid her down to get her undressed for her bath, she started smiling and cooing.  She completely relaxed as if she knew what was coming.  She enjoyed her bath, got swaddled, finished her bottle (plus 2 more oz!!) and then hit the crib!  I am just so amazed at how quickly she has adjusted to her routine.  Now if I can just figure out how to get her back to sleep for a longer stretch between 3 AM and 7 AM.   I am sure it will come with time.

Tuesday is her two month appointment including shots.  Not sure if I mentioned this before but T won't be able to come with me to the appointment.  He has a very important (and possibly very exciting) meeting with his boss in Scottsdale on Tue.  So it will be just Hayden and I facing the needle together.  I don't know who will be more of a mess!

That's it for tonight.  No new pics.  I will let you know how these new bottles do versus the Playtex Drop Ins.  I am interested to see how it helps with her gas.  I am also going to add in a dose of the Mylicon drops after her late feeding to see if that helps keep her down for the rest of the night.  Keep your fingers crossed that I can find a way to keep her relaxed/asleep for the rest of my night.  And, yes, I  know my expectations are a bit unrealistic for a two month old.  But it sure doesn't hurt to try.

Also on my list for this week?  CLEANING!  Grocery shopping (I am throwing a bridal shower for my Step-SIL on Saturday), and YAY!!  The gym!!  T and I have agreed to a system where, every Sunday evening, we will look at his calendar and decide which 3 days will work for the gym that week.  This week will be Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday!  I absolutely cannot wait!  I am ready to work this baby gunk off of me!!  WOOHOO!!

Oh, and you SHOULD be proud!  Two entries in two days!  WOW!

0 comments: