Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 27, 2010

2 months...and one day...

As usual, it has taken me a whole day past the day that I really wanted to post. Hayden's two month birthday. In some ways, I can't believe it has already been two months. In other ways, it feels like it has been years. But, either way, I wouldn't trade this time for anything in the world.

Everything has been going pretty smooth. We are still trying to keep her in her night time routine. It goes like this:

7 PM - wind down and play quietly
7:30 PM - Bath time with lavender bubble bath followed by lavender lotion massage, diaper and swaddle
7:45 PM - bottle
8 PM - crib

Last night was an exception - such as life goes - that she was out past her "bed time." I am not sure if that was the reason or if she may be going through a growth spurt but she had a tough night getting rested. Therefore, we all did!

She is growing like a weed. Not so much plump-wise but length-wise. She doesn't have much fat on her but she is growing tall for sure! So much like her Daddy!

Her hair is growing slowly but nothing like the head of hair Tay had when she was a baby - we just looked at pics today. It is kinda surprising how much Hayden looks like Tay when she was a baby. I wonder what she will look like as she gets older. She sure is beautiful now.

She still has some gas issues from time to time but nothing like it used to be. We bought some new bottles from Target - Dr Brown bottles - they are ranked high among consumers for being the best bottle for gassy babies. We shall see. We are using Playtex Drop-in bottles right now and the gas still exists. I guess it is all a game of trial and error.

Her reflux seems to be getting much better thanks to the Prevacid we give her twice a day. We gave it to her tonight and ended up getting it back. She had a couple of gulps of formula and then had her meds (my fault that I forgot to do it before she started eating). H has a very sensitive stomach when it comes to meds before food. It is now known to us that it WILL come back if we give her meds after a few sips of food.

Hayden is full of smiles lately. Especially in the mornings (she is definitely a morning person), when you are playing with her feet, when Daddy walks up to her and when you play Paddy Cake or "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" with her. She LOVES attention and will let you know if she isn't getting enough. She is actually starting to fuss if she wants direct interaction. I actually find that to be cool. And, no matter how exhausted I may feel, I never have a problem playing with her or cooing with her. It makes my day.

So T is talking more and more about getting an RV. It is reminding me of how persistent he was about the Lexus. I really think this dream is going to become a reality. I have always been anti-road trips but think that this may be a good thing. Tay has already shown interest in RV'ing across the country, Hayden is young enough that she would grow into the lifestyle, T can work on the road and I would get to go home to Louisville more often and for longer periods of time. Sounds like a WIN all around! Hold on to your seatbelts, Charlie. We are looking at two that he really likes tomorrow. We were thinking that we would make the horn into the Call To The Post to make it more Kentucky Derby themed!!

I wish I could write more but T and I are watching a movie. This is after Hayden's bed time so it is our only time to do something for us. But I would never leave without showing off my girl. Her two months along with her bath time look. She has her two week appointment on Tuesday. I will try to post then to give you an update on weight and latest health.

And now, the pics!

How old am I?
Photobucket

That's right!  Two months!
Photobucket

Bath time
Photobucket

0 comments: